Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After a Brief Hiatus...

It's been a few days since I last posted, due to all the holiday festivities, but I'm back now. My first real Christmas was pretty cool; I got some nice gifts (John gave me the collected stories of Grace Paley, which is currently missing, so I'm sad), John's mom and aunt made some really good food, and John and I built a snowman named Sid.

So called because of his twig Mohawk. Anything/one with a Mohawk can be named Sid.

He came up to about John's hip (John is 6'4"), which has to be a record for the Dallas area.

Saturday night, John and I went to a get together with his friends that they call New Beers Eve. The only rule of New Beers Eve is that you must bring some kind of beer that you've never had before. The problem I see with this concept is that there is a possibility of winding up with a bunch of beer no one will drink. Here is a list of 10 strange beer names. Here is a list of 10 more. None of these were brought to New Beers Eve--unfortunately.

In other news, I might be playing the lead in John's short film coming up this weekend. This is a super-exciting prospect for me, because John has consistently insisted that he'd rather have me on crew for his and Sam's (his hetero-lifemate) films, because "it's harder to find good techs than good actors." I love teching (in some form or fashion it'll probably be my career), but I've been acting my whole life, and since the roles have been scarce the past couple of years, it'd be a nice opportunity. I'll keep you posted.

I always hate the end of the year, being super-afraid of change as I am, but this has been a transitional year for me. Now that everything is mostly stable, I guess starting a new calendar year is a good way to celebrate getting my life back on track (or at least headed the right direction). If only I could quit sweating the small stuff, I might be unstoppable. Procrastination is my biggest adversary, and while I refuse to make New Year's resolutions (because trying to keep to them gives me anxiety attacks), I hope I can overcome my "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow" attitude.

Now--has anyone seen my Grace Paley book?

No comments:

Post a Comment