Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Trick (or Artistic) Pool

I love shooting pool. I'm not great--I don't know if you'd even call me "good"; maybe "decent"--but it's one of those things I have to do at least once or twice a week; otherwise I get all tense and irritable. My father might be getting me a custom cue as a belated Chanukah present, and maybe then my life will be complete (sorry, John).

But I admit, I play some bullshit rules that I picked up from shooting free pool Monday and Wednesday nights all summer with my coworkers from the local community college's theatre department, so tourney-ers watch me play with disgust, and scratching is a more common occurrence than actually making a shot in most games with which I'm involved.

However, this post is not about my billiards obsession. It's about trick shots and artistic pool. If I were coordinated enough to do this stuff, I'd retire to a pool hall in Chicago right now and spend the rest of my days being bought drinks by muscular gangsters (sorry, John).

Check this out:



Holy crap, where do people get enough free time to practice this stuff?! Like those energy drink-addicted cup stackers and those guys who bounce ping pong balls off of moving skateboards and into the cups aforementioned stackers stack? Can you buy time on the black market? Because I could get into that. Hmm...

Because I now feel incredibly inadequate at life, I'm going to wrap up and leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment