Monday, January 4, 2010

The Apartment is Decorated, and I Don't Know Where I Am

We shot the short film on Saturday. Now John is calling it a music video (which it could be, but isn't). Most of the shots of me took one take (I think because John was just too lazy to care), so I'm pretty proud of myself. We didn't get around to shooting the insert shots of my character getting ready for work, etc. yesterday, but we'll get to it soon, hopefully. John took the opportunity of having his apartment be the set to finally have a few of us decorate the place, under the pretense that it was for the film (ok, so everyone knew he was Tom Sawyering us, but still, what a lazyass). He'd been in this apartment for a year and one day before it finally began to look like someone lives here, but now I wake up in the night and see the posters on the walls and can't figure out where I am for a few moments.

Last night, we went to dinner for my grandpa's 71st birthday, and I ate one of the most expensive meals I've ever had. While wearing pink tie-dye and ripped jeans. Real classy.

Before I begin to ramble (as though I haven't already), here are a couple of videos for you:





Everyone smiling? Better be.

It's about 2:30pm, and John's still asleep. I go into the bedroom every so often to make sure he's still breathing, but overall he's ruining my Christmas, as they say. I need to go up to North Dallas today to start the huge unpacking, organizing, trashing, and repacking project that needs to get done at my mom's apartment, and I need his help. It's not a short (time-wise) trip from here to there on public transportation, and as I have no car, John has no license, and my brother's truck is out of service, the only way to get there is to take DART all the way. And we needed to leave hours ago.

I gave my dad a copy of both my most recent grade report and my degree audit last night, so that my grandpa can take them to the trustee to prove that I'll be a senior this semester (I'm a semester ahead based on hours), so that I can get my trust fund. FAFSA makes sure that I don't have to pay any tuition, but the trust fund my great-grandmother left for me should cover whatever housing costs financial aid doesn't for the next year and a half, so that I don't have to pay anything out of pocket for the rest of college. Yay! And I won't have as many loans to pay off as a lot of people I know, so as far as money and college go, all I'm worried about is how I'll make one after I get out of the other.

Sorry to cut this post short, but it's almost 3 o'clock now, and I have to go check John's pulse. I'll actually have something interesting to say next post, so stay tuned! I'll talk at y'all later. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment