Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quick Follow Spot Thought

I just had my first night of Production Lab (the SM let us out way early, so SCORE!). As you know, I'm a follow spot operator when I can help it. For this show, there are three spot ops (an odd number of ops is, for lack of a better word, odd), one of whom runs one spot, the other two (myself included) run two. It's kind of a weird setup, so maybe I'll post a picture in a few days. I love working spot, because 1) I'm good at it (it's just about the only thing at which I claim to be good), and 2) it's a super-cushy job (if it's not your first time and you're worrying the whole run about everything). As we were standing around being talked to about random stuff, I came up with this:



Yeah, it was between that and "SPOT OPS DO IT WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY." I chose the less wordy of two evils. That shirt is actually on sale and I get a royalty if any sell, but since I didn't even buy it, I'm not thinking anyone else will. Which is fine. At least I've put a possibly usable, technical theatre related joke out there. So go me.

Enjoy the rest of your night, sports fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment